Friday, May 11, 2012

Review: MrChewy.com

Dahlia says "Mmmm delicious!"
A short while ago, a representative of MrChewy.com contacted me and asked if I would be willing to check out their site and possibly offer a review of it if I were so inclined.  To that end, they offered me a gift certificate to try out some of their products and see what the site experience was like.  I was informed that I was under no obligation to either review the site or to offer a positive review if I had a negative experience.

I was happy to oblige and so visited the site to see what they had to offer.  Imagine my surprise when I discovered the amazing variety of food, treats, and pet health products for both dogs and cats that the site offers.  There was such a huge variety that it took me a few days of looking through the site, bookmarking things that interested me and that I thought Dahlia would enjoy, before I could actually place my order.

The dog treats range from your basic garden-variety Milk-Bones and Iams treats to various types of bully sticks to grain-free and freeze-dried raw treats. Each item contains a list of ingredients.  For those of us who have dogs with allergies or issues with certain things (Dahlia cannot have chicken), ingredient lists are a life-saver. I was very thankful to see this aspect of their site.  When looking for treats to buy, I was able to quickly and easily rule out ones that I would not be able to feed Dahlia.  That still left me with an incredibly long list of treats that I had to narrow down to something more manageable.

I ultimately ended up choosing 6 treats I thought Dahlia would enjoy and that I am not able to find in stores around here.

1. Stella & Chewy's Carnivore Kisses Wild Alaskan Salmon Dog Treats
2. EVO Wild Cravings Herring Formula Dog Treats
3. PureBites Freeze Dried Cheddar Cheese Dog Treats (5.2 oz. bag)
4. Darford Zero/G Trout & Shrimp Dog Treats
5. ZiwiPeak Good-Dog Lamb Liver Real Meat Jerky Dog Treats
6. Grizzly Fillet Treats Salmon Fillet Treats for Dogs and Cats

I placed my order with MrChewy.com on April 17.  As I ordered over $49 worth of items from the site, I received free 1-2 day shipping.  The treats arrived April 19 and were at my door waiting for me when I got home from work.  Naturally, Dahlia was super interested in the package and was even more interested in the bags of treats.

Yes there is one last big treat in there!
She hasn't had a chance to try them all (I haven't opened a couple of the bags yet!), but what she has tried she has certainly enjoyed.  I've used the Carnivore Kisses as rewards for many of my recent photos, including the ones of her wearing sunglasses and other silly items.  In fact, she loved those so much that when I left out the jar (which had a bit of treat dust and a few small treats left in it), she decided to see about getting those treat herself.  You can see the results.

So my overall reaction to the site?  Great variety, good prices, great information shared about each product, great communication, and fast shipping (that's free over $49!) with tracking so you can keep track of where your items are.  The site gets two thumbs up from me and two paws up from Dahlia.  I know we'll be returning to the site for future purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment